People United of Louisiana LLC is a support coordination agency that includes the consumer, the support coordinator, the service provider agency and industry professionals who all strive to protect, promote, advocate, communicate, and enhance the quality of life for the consumer in a home based and community setting.
We assist you in accessing your home and community services through programs we serve such as:
- Behavioral Health Services
- Mental Health Services
- Addiction Counseling
- Therapeutic Group Homes
- Community Choice Waiver (CCW)
- Early Steps
- Medication Management by a Board Certified Physician
- Community Psychiatric Support & Treatment (CPST)
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation PSR (Individual) (Group)
- Sliding fee scale for payment
- Ambulatory Detoxification
- Partial Hospitalization
Mental Health Rehabilitation?
- Outpatient Services deemed medically necessary and can reasonably be expected to reduce the disability resulting from mental illness
- Services to restore the individual to his/her best possible functional level in the community
- Services provided outside of a mental institution
- Services to help clients cope with symptoms of their illnesses, minimizing the disabling effects of mental illness on the capacity for independent living and preventing or limiting periods of inpatient treatment
- Assist recipients in the stabilization of recently acute symptoms of mental illness;
- Assist recipients in coping with the symptoms of their mental illness;
- The aspects of mental illness causing difficulty with independent living are minimized;
- Time spent in a psychiatric hospital or unit is reduced or prevented; and
- Time spent in out-of-home placement is minimized.
CRITERIA for SERVICES
Louisiana Medicaid Recipient
- Children with diagnosable mental, emotional and/or behavioral problems such as: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Impulsive Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, etc.
- Disability impairs educational and social functioning
- Adults with serious mental illnesses: Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, etc.
- Psychiatric disability is expected to persist for at least a year.
Reach Out to Us!
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us to learn more about what we can do.